Saturday, August 16, 2008

This time last year: Part 1

This time last year, it had been 6 days since my brother had a motorcycle accident that left him with several skull fractures, bleeding in the brain, a broken wrist and temporary paralysis to the right side of his body. This time last year, I sat holding my breath, being the strong one for everyone while he slept, fighting for his life.

This time last year, I was having mini-strokes and didn't know it. Felt as if my world was going to fall apart because my little brother almost left us. Because I almost left them.
So much can happen in a year.

So fast the time goes, so fast our lives get closer and closer to its end.
So it goes that time slips through our hands, like grains of sand and dirt. Easily sliding through the creases of our skin, through the parted fingers of our hands.
Time, in fact, is of the essence, because time is what we are running out of.

No comments: