Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sleeplessness....and then some.

I remember reading through my old blog and I nearly as contemplative out loud as I am now. It's refreshing. This is like my online journal I kept through my late teens. So very candid. So very honest.
I guess at this point what do I have to lose. Why be vague?
And why always be serious? Hmm.

Sleeplessness.
I thought (and talked) about the many reasons WHY I "can't" sleep these days. Is it thinking about Dave? Is it thinking about work? Is it thinking about health? Are my hormones out of wack? Am I lonely? Am I over-caffeinated? Am I too wound up?

Most likely all of the above and then some. Let's see if tonight will be different.
Let's see if I can get something over 5 hours of sleep.
It's a troublesome battle, this lack of rest. Because 10 years ago, I could stay up for 72 hours straight and not be too bothered by it until much later... now, it takes me an hour after I'm up to feel completely fatigued. Of course I wasn't fully afflicted by my lupus fatigue until after those early teenage sleepless nights, but still. It's getting to me. Like a twilight episode where something freaky in black and white is going to happen and send me into limbo where there's a spinning bullseye and a woman with a pig nose.

It's only a matter of time before I snap. So what? Get some calmz. Get some sex. Get some clarity on money. Get some natural healing. Start meditating again.

All of the above and then some, i guess.

Aint it always so.

All of the above and then some.

Yep...........yep.

No comments: