Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Word of the Day Poem 28-39

Word of the day Poem 28:
Espy

In the distance
you hide
almost in plain sight
as if my third eye
were closed to the lie

Eye
can
see you

Catching glimpses
of your shadow dance
through the corner

Its clearer that way

You play a game with me
Claws retracting, reacting
catching bits of
cloth
but you never catch me

Catcher can't catch
Because I see you

Eye
see
you

But you can't
see me

----------
Word of the day Poem 29
Abstemious

Keep back from me
Hold me at arms length
just enough to touch
the tips of my curls
with the tips
of your needy
hungry
wanting
fingers

Stand away
Have a care as to how
you tease a creature
who regularly goes
without

Whose abstemious
behavior
could put
a nun
to shame

I am not sexless
but I am unsexed
not a woman
not a being
not a beating
libido

I am made
of water
fluid
flowing
and many want to
swim through me
but few can actually
handle
my waves

Stand to the side
and watch me
but keep your distance
from this soul

Because I know
and you know
that if I am without it
then I don't want it
but if I am teased and given
little
I will hunger, thirst
crave
and I'd rather forget
it was even
there.
-----------

Word of the Day Poem 30:
Oneiric

Close my eyes
to sway and swoon
laying together by
the light
of the moon

Sweet touch
Sweet kiss
Embrace I miss
To part from bliss
Just lost in this
oneiric thought
of your lips

Change me
like in
Metamorphosis
into this cocooned
love
knowing deep inside
that human words
will never be enough

So trap me
in sweet night
lullabies
and close
my eyes

Have the Sandman
take me by the hand
and show me to your side
in dreams
to play
to feel
to ride
half full
of anticipation
for the surprise inside

My imagination
can come up with
all kinds of things
so wrap me
around
your fingers
like our lovers
rings
and let me dream
dream
dream.
------------

Word of the day Poem 31:
Prestidigitation

Wrapped around your fingers
like the curls
that linger at the base
of my neck
you move me
deep inside
in the tiny pumping
chambers of my heart
you work me
prestidigitation
clearly
gliding from your veins
to mine
glittering
my eyes
blinding me to
the times
when things don't seem
worth fighting for

Loving someone
is a little bit
like tangoing
with magic tricks
slighting hands
rabbits and hats
long black wands
my heart
in your palm
to massage when the magic
is ready and warm.....
--------------

Word of the day Poem 32:
Aver

Twist me into
affirmation
proclaiming
that yes,
I am a rock
unturned

A declaration
of my
independence
from this world

Alone
but never forgotten

Aver
through solitude
grateful
for
sanity
through
the dismantling
of my land

I grow weary
of this place

Ill move on to greater stakes

Hold stronger
in your convictions.
---------------

Word of the day Poem 33:
Effulgence

From my heart to yours
Light the way
Brilliance
Illuminating
The sorrows
Away

Sway me in your direction
Fighting to stay awake
Deceptions is a tricky thing
Dims the room
Dims the soul
Takes control and leaves you breathless
Losing consciousness

Wrap me in your sunshine
Away from the lull of depressions
I am completely yours

I am completely yours.
----------

Word of the day Poem 34:
Salutary

It has left me
never there
doesn't care
to enter
this system
missing in action
and so i am left
defenseless
crippled by
the lacking

and if in the end
all that is left
of me
is the memory
of beauty

well, then

i'll live in the dreams
of the former
me
inviting
hallucinations
to proclaim my existence

keeping the
happiness of past tense
close to my fleeting sanity
as
salutary
visions of my youth
bring me home
to the Universe.
-----------------

Word of the day Poem 35:
Gravid

Gravid
feelings pull at
my insides
like the tiny
fingers of children
pulling at mothers
aprons

I feel you

Asleep
deep
inside

Waiting to start a riot

Your birth will be
a fire starting
turning the clay
of this earth
into fine grains
of sand
and demanding
attention

You will be great
my sleeping beauty

For inside of me
you write vivid dreams
of ancestry
of honesty
of homecoming

And I know
that birthing you
will ignite clear
clarion change
saving insanity
saving humanity
release gravity
into floating
lands
and we
will watch the rising
sun and moon and be

You tug at me

Asleep
Deep
Inside

And I can't wait
to look into your eyes

And tell you how much
I love the passion inside
of you
My Revolution
Child.
-----------

Word of the day 36:
Nimiety

Nimiety
in my heart
like a rush of blood
deep in the
canals of my
ears
too
damn
much
but never enough
for them

I am left
emotionless
on
GO
but never knowing
when I can turn
myself
back on

So I am off
on
GO

Auto.....matic

yes ma'am
yes sir
yes fam

yes

yes

Nimiety
winding freely
excess
like
overbearing
witness
to crimes
being committed
in my soul
no control
over what they
say
how they act
what reaction
to protract

Only GO
paused emotion
no solution
to the excess

Can't even run
away

Trapped
in the cycle
running
in circles
feeling psycho
walking
this
tight rope

Walking
this
tight rope

Lets hope
I don't
fall.
-----------

Word of the day Poem 37:
Ebullient for Miss May, rest her soul

Ebullient
in her step
she waltz through
rooms
classic
vibrant
a facing row of
shiny teeth
to share her joy
with you

I remember her
and the earthy
smell of her neck as she
came close
to hug me
console me
give me sugar free candies
that sat in a
crystal bowl
on her coffee table

A woman should be
like she was
in her womanhood

Confident, but never with ego
Beautiful, but never conceded
Giving, without expecting anything in return

Ebullient
in her step
entering
the pearly gates
now resting
in her place
with God.
------------

Word of the day Poem 38:
Clandestine

Wrap me in
secret
gauzed and cushioned
by the blow
a clandestine
attempt to steal me away
from this place
that is not my home

strangle the life
from me in my sleep
as i dream of
painless walking
consuming me
dissolved
back into the earth
from whence I came

kill this poison in me
for i am the poison
i am the deception
the lie
within the lie
the disease eating away at me

do it in the still
of the night
in the silence
of the sky
when no eyes
are gazing in my direction
be stealth
secret
slick
like the back of a whale
and let me slide away
falling
like
the last grain of sand
the last drop of water
dried and gone
filled to the brim
and then flashed away

Wrap me in secret
quiet and peaceful
take me in my slumber
for i can not bear the burn
i am not build for this
you may think
i am strong enough
but i am not
i am not

i am not

so free me
from this torture
this prison of
a body
wrapped in a pretty package
peel away the wrapping paper
and cover me
in dirt
6 feet under, beneath the water
where its safe and warm
but no body should remain

all i want left of me
is ash flying in the wind
i want to fly
weightless
free from this

so do it
do it for me
and be clandestine
so that no one may stop you.
---------------

Word of the day Poem 39:
Badinage

badinage
in my ear
sweet nothings
are all i hear
through the heat
and closeness
of your lips
through your
breathy words
and your kiss
just to close
my eyes and witness
the playful dance
of your finger tips

badinage
in my ear
sweet nothings
to bring me here
lull me to sleep
through the torment and pain
so that loving words
are all that
remain.

No comments: