Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Word of the Day Poem 1-5

Word of the Day Poem 1:
Osteopath

Consider structure
Bones touching bones
Condensation building in milky sticks of life
Deformities breaking down
Flexing muscle, flexing core
Treat me
Before crippled walking ends me
Practitioner of healing
Manipulate this shell
Into function
Bring me into myself
Consider structure
Bones grinding bones
Wearing down
Leaving piles of dust in my steps
Sending my essence to the wind
Osteopath
Heal me
-------------------

Word of the day poem 2:
Burnish

A knob
built of tiny brown particles
digs into the
dip of skin
between the bottom of
my back
and the top of
my behind

i shine it
unconsciously
as i sway
to and fro
contemplating
whether i should
stay or go

my shirt
has made an excellent
polisher
in the midst
indecisiveness.
-------------

Word of the day Poem 3:
Nocuous

Although I know
what you mean
when you mean
why you mean
to say the things
you say
i also know
that it cuts me
deep
like venom
like slicing
into skin
an accidental
reality
of your ego
sharp
cowardly
nocuous.
-----------------

Word of the day poem 4:
Sanguine

Basking in shades
the color of
arteries
your face glided
through emotions
in the shadows
of the night

sanguine
red with confidence

cigarette smoke unfurling
from your pale pink lips
curling around the ends
of the hairs on your chin

the memory of
beet juice dripping
from their brown and gray tips
at dinner

remembering that
optimism has never
been your strong suit.
-------------

Word of the day Poem 5:
Equine

Guiltless,
you shine
gallop
prancing
to and fro
through wilderness
through grass
through time
face bold
equine
fierce
you exist
to please
no one
but the
gods from which
you've descended
from.

No comments: