Sunday, August 10, 2008

See, what had happened was.....

I didn't even really try to go to sleep. I mean, I took some stuff to help, BUT THEN I got caught up in editing pictures and searching the internet for some manifesting charts AND working on my website. Sooooo yeah.. it's almost 3am and I found another reason to stay up.

At least it wasn't facebook :)

In other news, today I went to a poetry reading and it felt goooood. It was liberating to get up and do some old pieces. I did I Remember Family Gatherings and Ancestry of Song. I got to see some folks that I haven't seen in years and I got to sing. I was really happy about it. I felt like this thing was built up inside of me and needed to get out and I let it get out in such a powerful way. I need to do that more often. I think that if I started going to poetry readings again, at least a few times a month, that not only would it help me release some pent up energy, BUT it would also unblock some of the things that are keeping me from writing constantly, like I use to. Even if it's a journal entry, it's something....

Then again, THIS is what that is, sort of. This has been my into into writing consistently and getting the juices flowing again, like they use to, several times a day, almost every day. It's the only way to get some of my longer writing projects done. It's especially needed if I'm actually going to get my book(s) published and get them out to the masses. It's gonna take dedication to my writing and in order to do that, I'm going to have to open up and in order to do THAT, this blocked-up-ness needs to be out of the way.

So more poetry readings all around. More blogging. And more writing.

Sunday writing circle anyone? I've been wanting to put one together for a very long time. Maybe it's time to just do it, huh?

Let's say every Sunday, 2-4:30pm, in Brooklyn Heights at Connecticut Muffin. Each week someone new facilitates and we all share, help, do writing activities, etc. I'll even facilitate the first few to get the ball rolling. Maybe 8-10 people. Maybe women of color. Maybe.
Sounds like a plan :)

Let's see if I can make it a reality...

Ok. I'm going to try to sleep for real now.



It's 3am. Do you know where your children are?

No comments: