Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Open letter to Access A Ride

Dear #AAR #AccessARide #NYCMTA, You suck. Let me explain. You hire people, who could literally give zero craps about differently-abled folks, then charge them for this service. All the while, not doing anything about accessibility on trains and buses. Access a Ride is supposed to make it easier for differently-abled and elderly folks to get around the city. Instead, the majority of your drivers are rude, unhelpful, nasty and/or refuse to take no for an answer with sexual advances. How is this workable? Oh, right. The guys at the top, #VeroniqueHakim, #ThomasPrendergast, #DonnaEvans, who I'm assuming also run AAR, need to do a better job. Do you think I asked to lose my legs? To have to use a wheelchair right now? It's bad enough that a good portion of the city isn't accessible to me. You just add fuel to the fire by making your service, WHICH I PAY FOR, a complete and utter waste of time and money. I've lived in NYC my entire life. Born and raised. It's bad enough I, a native NYer, have to already fight gentrification. Now I fight to simply getting the minimum from your drivers. Your greed, lack of community and selfishness towards the people of NY, disgusts me. I'm not only sharing this for myself, but for the hundreds of people that I know personally who have continually struggled with this service. I'm putting this everywhere, with the hope to hold you all accountable. You all have a great deal to learn about running a business and a service that best supports a community. Start by looking inward. Make some changes to yourself. It's not just about you. That's not how community works.

No comments: