Wednesday, July 30, 2008

To live and to love living

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainty that just to be alive is a grand thing." - Agatha Christie


Living. Its one of those guaranteed things, like Birth and Death, that is going to happen no matter what. How you choose to live. That is the hard part. The unpredictable part. The part that isn't always guaranteed to work itself out. Simply because you have to work with it. Through other people's bullshit, through other circumstances that can't be explained. Through biology. Through chemical imbalance. Through desire. Through passion. Through self destruction.

Yes, it's hard. Birth, Living, and Death. Those are all that is guaranteed.

And like Agatha Christie, I like living. And I have been down to the bottom of the gutters and back in my quest of trying to live. It's all I can do, right? Well, there is more I can do. I can make sure that whatever active choices I make in life are coming from a positive place. Coming from a place that isn't about self destruction. Is about hurting myself or others. A place that comes from love.

Yes, lets hope that I can make it less hard by doing that. And let's hope I can get there on a metro card and a dream.

No comments: